What is the SkySpark Essentials training course?
The SkySpark Essentials training program provides students with the essential information to start to use and implement SkySpark. The training program consists of 5 Modules, each of which builds on the knowledge acquired in the previous Module. The Modules include:
- M1: Installing SkySpark and Working with the SkySpark User-Oriented Apps
- M2: Building a Project with SkySpark Builder Tools
- M3: On boarding data – Setting up Data Connectors and Importing data files
- M4: Creating Custom Visualizations with ViewBuilder
- M5: Introduction to Axon Programming
The Advanced Axon Techniques training program is designed for users that are actively involved in development of Axon functions for analytics, data transformation, data importing and custom reporting. This course takes students into the use of more sophisticated analytic functions in the SkySpark extension libraries, importing and transforming data from a range of external sources including CSV, SQL Databases, and live Connectors.
The SkySpark Developer Training course is designed for software programmers that wish to exploit SkySpark API’s, the SkySpark 3.0 DOMkit UI toolset and Fantom APIs for integration with external applications and development of custom Connectors visualizations and Apps. Advanced Programming training is presented as a one-day session in conjunction with the annual SkyPosium User Conference and at other times is presented as a 2-day, in-person class at SkyFoundry facilities. It is targeted at software developers.
When is the course beginning?
– 7th December 2020 (across a 2 week period) – Fully Booked
– 19th January 2021 (across a 2 week period)
What time will the course run?
- Tuesday 19/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
- Wednesday 20/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
- Thursday 21/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
- Friday 22/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
- Monday 25/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
- Tuesday 26/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
- Wednesday 27/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
- Thursday 28/01/2021 – 16:30 – 18:30
SkySpark Training - Course Cost
£750.00 – Single Candidate
Prior to beginning the course
Here is a summary of what you need to do to be prepared to attend the training, but please review all of the detailed information below.
- Verify that you can attend all Web-based training for this cycle.
- Attend a SkySpark Demonstration webcast (or request access to a recorded version)
- Ensure you have an account on SkyFoundry.com
- Complete Module 1 “Installing SkySpark” and pre-session work (see full details below)
The following information provides a detailed review of requirements to attend a web-based training course. Please review to confirm that you can achieve the requirements in order to participate.
We want to make sure the training goes smoothly, and everyone gets maximum benefit from the session. To do that we need to make sure everyone is prepared before the training sessions, so please review and follow these instructions in advance.
SkySpark Training – The Details
A portion of Module 1 addresses the software installation process which may not be appropriate for all students. Once the software is installed, the remaining content of Module 1 is designed to provide an understanding of the capabilities, features and use of the product. This session is strongly recommended for technical salespeople and is required for students that will participate in additional training modules 2, 3, 4 and 5. It provides the essential understanding of the features and capabilities of SkySpark Apps needed to take advantage of the additional training sessions. It is also the core material typical end users need to know to use SkySpark.
Module 2 leads the student through an exercise of building a Project database (Site, Equipment and Points) for a sample facility including a basic import of historical data, set up of an analytic rule, a KPI, a normalization formula, a custom energy baseline, and sample report queries. The materials is targeted at implementers/programmers but is also recommended for auditing by sales engineers and others that will be responsible for scoping, quoting and managing projects.
Module 3 focuses on the process for on-boarding data from external sources. It covers setting up connectors to external systems for data acquisition and on-boarding of data from files (CSV).
Module 4 provides a hands-on exploration of the SkySpark ViewBuilder tools, which enable users to go beyond the standard SkySpark Apps to build their own Apps, Views and Reports.
Module 5 takes students into the Axon programming language, which underlies all of SkySpark. It is used to write Rules, database queries, and data import and transformation functions. Module 5 starts with a review of Axon concepts and tools and continues on to present a range of real-world oriented exercises to help students learn key concepts and begin to become proficient as an Axon programmer. Module 5 makes up the entire third day of the in-person classroom version of the Essentials course.
After the training
SkyFoundry offers a certification test in conjunction with SkySpark Essentials training to validate student skills. The online certification test is available to students that attend an in-person or web-based SkySpark Essentials class or have completed self-learning. The certification test is made up of two sections:
- General knowledge questions presented as true/false, multiple choice and fill in the blanks
- Exercises completed with a working SkySpark database downloaded from the SkyFoundry Secure site. You need to be able to use an up to date copy of SkySpark to complete the certification test.
Each user is given a link and a password to the online test, which can be accessed from a PC. Students have the ability to pause, save and resume as time allows. We expect most students will require appx 3 hours to complete the test. Upon successful completion a certificate will be generated ready for printing or downloading. In addition, an email with summary information is provided.